Friday, April 3, 2009

MORE BIRDS

Birds seem to love my back yard. The latest, though is not in the yard, but nesting on top one of my outdoor speakers on the back porch. Yesterday I noticed a pigeon perched on the fan with a twig in his mouth. He flew to the speaker where he deposited the twig in the nest he was building for his lover bird. She's still perched on the nest today awaiting the arrival of the baby birds.
So, Mandy, be forwarned when you come over. We're soon going to have baby pigeons. Want me to save one for you?

2 comments:

KBeau said...

I think maybe that's a dove and not a pigeon. Does it have dark spots on its back? We have a pair that hang around our deck in the morning. I'm not sure where their nest is.

We had another pair one year that nested in the vine that grows on my screened porch. The nest was located just perfectly for me to watch the eggs hatch and the babies grow. Be warned, however, that doves raise several pairs of babies, so if it is a dove, they will be around for a while.

Mar Mar said...

You could be right about it being doves. I didn't look that closely.