Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another Beautiful Destin Day

I'm back in Destin, and although it's too cold to sit out on the beach, it's still beautiful. What's not to love about sunshine and the Gulf of Mexico?

This is another "work on the new condo" trip. I forgot to bring the cord for my camera with me to download photos onto this computer, so you'll just have to wait 'til I get back to see pictures. I'm happy to say, though, that most of the tile is down and the walls are painted, so we're making progress.

Thanks to my sister, Kathy, the paint color is wonderful. Being a builder, she knows what will look good. And I went to Norwalk yesterday to eyeball the new furniture that has come in. It's great! Mama Dot is with me this trip, and she's already ready to fight Alan and the boys for the swivel, glider, rocker, recliner that they, too, have claimed as their chair.

Coming down here with DL is quite different than coming with Mema. Don't get me wrong, I love bringing Mother down here. Let's just say, though, that she's not as independent as DL. I should be able to post some Mama Dot Moments when I get back.

I'm off to look at patio furniture and dining room table and chairs today. Also, I need to buy mattress and box springs for the queen bed in the "kid's room."

I'll update you later.

2 comments:

KBeau said...

Glad to know that the colors are working. It helps to have seen them before, because when a color goes on a wall it's sometimes not what you expected when looking at the paint chip.

The Walkie Talkie said...

Glad you and Mama Dot are having a fun trip! Can't wait to see the pictures!