Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mema Moments

Most of you know I have come to Destin. My heart is in Little Rock with Melissa, Scott, and Emma (as well as a sick Matt and the rest of my family), but there were things that needed to be taken care of here that couldn't wait. With things at home looking up and with my family's blessing, I headed to Florida with Mema along for the ride. And there were a couple of Mema Moments along the way.

In one stretch between Hattiesburg and Mobile, we got stuck behind a big truck hauling some big green piece of equipment. One car was riding along with it, blocking traffic from going around it on a narrow stretch. We did finally get around it and go on our merry way. We later stopped for gas. After we got back on the road, as we were passing the truck weigh-in station, the green equipment truck was reentering the roadway with a car in front and in the rear riding along with it. I made the comment that I didn't remember there being a lead car when we passed it before. "Yes there was," Mema explained. "It was behind it."

My favorite was as we were passing through Hattiesburg. Mema asked, "Margie, is Southeast Louisiana--that team we played--in Hattiesburg?" I was speechless.

1 comment:

KBeau said...

What can you say? She's geographically and directionally challenged.